Monday, January 10, 2011

Knitting Craziness

So I've been knitting for a bit over 2 years and I really enjoy it even though I am still pretty basic.  I mostly just knit scarves although I've expanded to hats lately.  I know that hats are knitted best with circular needles or on looms that Nicole's grandma introduced me to recently, but I had none of these tools. I've only worked with crochet hooks and that has been pretty disastrous thus far, even under Rebecca's careful tutelage. So, ever since I learned how poorly stocked my knitting bag I have wanted to expand my supply collection and thus expand my knitting prowess.  I do not, however, want to shell out cash because it's in short supply in my bank account.

Amazingly enough, my AWESOME boo, Rich and his AWESOME mom came to the rescue so I could start new cool projects. Rich had skeins of yarn for me and circular needles and Tracy bought us a set of circular looms to share. SO very cool. I made my first hat last night and it's a wee bit snug, but super cute! It even has a brim.

So I'd like to thank all those who have aided my growth as a knitter. You all rock!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment