Thursday, October 14, 2010

Breaking Fast

This morning I was blessed to spend time with my friend Alyssa! We have been friends since high school and she  has spent time in Texas, but has come home from time to time. Now I believe she is home for good and I am filled with joy by this! Earlier this week we scheduled breakfast together and I've been looking forward to it. Last night I saw her unexpectedly when I got my hair cut. She was hanging out at Starbucks, because that is what she does. It was such a nice surprise! And my friend Dorothy came by which was just even more awesome!

So this morning I get to her house and she's getting ready for the day and we decide to make orange chocolate chip muffins. As we inventoried the ingredients needed we realized that we had to go to the store. So we bopped on over to walmart so she could also acquire blank cds to make me some awesome mixes! She does that quite often, her music is rockin! As we drive to wally world I get to play on her ipod and we discuss music we have recently been into.  Then we arrive at Wal-Mart.  So we frolic through walmart and catch up on life and laugh together. Whilst on the way through the electronic section I receive a call from the police in North Carolina asking me for a statement. They are still working on the stuff at school. So that made things a little awkward and down because I had to catch Alyssa up on happenings.

Afterwards, we peace out and start making muffins and then decide to make some spiced cider. It was delicious! I've never played around with that before and it was pretty awesome that it turned out so well.  Spiced cider is one of my favorite drinks. And all you have to do is add nutmeg, cloves!, allspice, and cinnamon. You can apparently add ginger too. But it is surprisingly simple! Cloves are SO amazing! Nom.

As we are drinking our cider and waiting for the muffins, Alyssa sets up a cd for me and decides to make us omelettes with stir fry veggies in the middle. Everything was lovely. And it started raining which just made things better. We also serenaded her dog, Sparky, as Alyssa played guitar and we sang. So good!

So to wrap this blog up, I love spending time with my friends. I love enjoying music with them. I love learning about their lives and things that I have missed out on. I love being able to tell them about my life, although I am working on being more quiet and learning to observe more. I love experimenting with food with friends and laughing over silly things.

I do dislike following people awkwardly around their house because I don't know what to do with myself. And wheat/white flour together is an interesting mix for muffins. But still tasty.

I am looking forward to the challenge of being quiet and investing more in others. I'll probably forget this resolution often though.

Farewell!

No comments:

Post a Comment