Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fire and Music

Today is calm. Much calmer than yesterday and Sunday. I went out with Corey and Nicole and Elizabeth and Matt for Chinese food of which I overindulged. Ew. Nicole, Corey and I watched 10 Things I Hate About You. Love that movie.

I then went and did Hebrew with Craig. So confusing. Right before we went to devos we realized that we had WAY more work to do than we originally thought. That was a sad moment filled with anguished cries and hand gestures. I really am learning that I work best with other people. I function so much better when I have others to bounce ideas off of and talk things out with. Hebrew is quite challenging this year. But that can wait for another day.

Devos tonight were held outside with a small fire, lots of pizza, marshmallows, soda, and hot chocolate. There was music and talking about how good God is being through all of this craziness. We heard some pretty awesome things about how God is providing for us through others. There are so many people praying for the school, all of its inhabitants, and all the people involved in this and it is so encouraging and uplifting. It makes me really evaluate how I am dealing with all of this and if I am relying on God and praying for others through this.
There was joy and love and laughter and fellowship and spinning under the stars. Lovely

No comments:

Post a Comment