Monday, October 4, 2010

Days of Crazy

I have again neglected the updates on my life. There has been a lot going down recently. I'm not quite sure how I would like to approach things and relate them to you all. Do I begin with the bad news and end on a good note? Do I start with the good and then leave you all with darkened, troubled minds? How about I end with hope?

Friday I had a chance to go Salsa dancing with my best friends, Emily and Jessie. We went to the Mambo Room in Norfolk and had a mini lesson before the dance social that lasted until midnight! I did not turn into a pumpkin. This activity was cheap and SO MUCH FUN! I wore heels, which was pretty painful. I learned a few basic steps, I'm not the most rhythmic person, but I managed. The nice thing about dancing is that the man leads. All the girl really has to do if she is not a trained professional is follow the man. I can do that alright. So I danced with a few pretty spiffy dancers and it was quite enjoyable. This establishment is pretty nice. It's not like a club and I really appreciated the atmosphere because people there just wanted to dance.

What was not as fun abut the evening was that Rich could not be there. I look forward to when he can join the dance!

Onto more craziness. Yesterday someone I knew was shot and killed at school. Another person I know is implicated in the shooting. I am not sure how to process this. I am not drowning in grief. I am simply shocked and sad and awkward and unsure. There was a chapel service today that did a great job of communicating that above all we are here to love and so we must love on both of the families and on each other.

While I am sad for the victim's family and that he is gone from us, most of me reaches out to the other student.  I can't imagine his state of mind right now. All I can do is pray comfort and peace for him. I have no clue what the facts about this situation are, but I know that my God still loves this man and that he is still welcome to forgiveness. So I ache for his heart and mind.

Out of all this I leave you with the thoughts that God cares for the filthiest of sinners. God restores us to Him. And I have a hope of seeing my brother who died in heaven. That hope is what Christ gives us. And it is pretty stinking great.

No comments:

Post a Comment