Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Cold Muscles

Currently I am doing yoga. By currently, I mean as I write this blog. You would think that doing yoga and writing a blog would be incompatible simultaneous activities. But they are not when your video will not play continuously because it needs to buffer and is taking forever because the network is clogged.

So I figured I would take this opportune time to tell the world about my frustrations.

On the upside, I really enjoy yoga.  I like feeling my body move and the blood flowing through my joints as I increase my flexibility. This activity also makes me mourn my current state of unhealthiness. At least I am trying to change things.

I talked to my momma on skype this evening and I encouraged her to try yoga as well since she doesn't have much to occupy her evenings with besides tv. Hopefully she will take me up on this.

The only thing that sketches me out about yoga is that it is a religious practice and involves meditation and the emptying of your mind, which I am not down with.  So usually during the focusing parts, I concentrate on my body like they tell me, but I also pray. I don't think it is good to allow my mind to be empty and open for outside influence.

I also don't think it is really wise to allow poor images and influences from things like horror movies into our minds. That doesn't mean I don't watch anything like that, but I do hold that opinion and I do try to stick to it.

Well, that is my thought on yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment