Monday, November 15, 2010

A Sock Story

This weekend I went camping with Rich and several good friends who exist in couples. So it was a couples camping weekend. And it was lovely. But it was very cold.

We went to Kiptopeke Park on the Eastern Shore of Virginia. So we were right by the bay and the ocean and we walked on the beach on Saturday. I think that is pretty nifty, to camp in a wooded area right by the beach.

Anyways, so it was quite chilly all weekend and we slept in tents with space heaters and lots of sleeping bags and blankets.  The first night was pretty miserable for me. I was really cold and I was snuggling with Danielle, who is a great sleeping buddy, but my body was not happy at all.  The second night, it was very cold again, but before I went to sleep, Buddy and Danielle presented me with a pair of Buddy's thermal socks. Apparently I have bad circulation and my feet are always cold. Yay for me!

We switched our position on the bed so that our heads were near the heater and I wore the lovely thermal socks over two pairs of socks.  My feet were toasty and happy which made my sleep much nicer.

So there is a story of socks on a cold camping excursion and of the good friends who make life warm when it is cold with socks and love.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment