Monday, November 1, 2010

The Weekend of AWESOME and Roadtrips!

Rich is back in town! Well, kinda. He's leaving again for a week conference. But the point is that he is going to be in town CLOSE to ME for the next few months! I am especially happy to be able to call him up and spend time with him in person and not over a computer screen.

This weekend we got to take a road trip together and have CRAZY adventures that often occur when he is involved in a situation. Also, when he is around, capital words happen to show the loudness and excitement. I am just explaining their extra presence in my writings.

So yeah, Saturday morning I woke up at 3:30 in the a.m. to fly to Texas so that we could transport him back to Virginia. Him and ALL of his earthly possessions that resided in TX. I also got to meet the team he has been working with which was pretty nifty and a big deal.

Whilst in Texas with his team we hung out with some small children. Small as in under 3 years old. They were freakin cute. The little girl of the family he stayed with is especially cool and talkative and she likes me! And remembers me! A few weeks ago I was on the phone with Rich and he told me that Kate had wanted to look at pictures of me. I felt pretty dang significant.

After meeting people and hanging with kids and packing his car a bit we headed onto the road and drove foreeeeeever! I did not drive at all. I just kept him company and it was neat to just be there for his peace of mind. Long car trips are a fave. I like just sitting and having time to make conversation without rushing because there is another event coming up that limits the ability to just let things happen. It's kinda how I like my life to function.

I also started a new scarf this weekend that is a completely new pattern for me. I am enjoying figuring it out. Of course, it is pretty simple, but it's progress for my limited knitting abilities.

There are a few adventures from the road trip of Aimee and Rich that brought him home.

No comments:

Post a Comment