Thursday, November 4, 2010

Drop Out

So for a little while today I seriously contemplated dropping out of my Hebrew 3 class. I am so stressed out in there but I don't care at all so it's a weird limbo thing to be in.  I haven't done any of the work really, I haven't got any of my books and there is about a month of school left. I don't understand anything. I was just fed up with trying to blindly grope my way to the end of the semester.  I was also very intently considering changing majors. That is still another hurdle to cross.

Today in my frustration I talked to a fellow student on how to approach our professor and we didn't get much resolved.  Still, I went to speak with him because tomorrow is the last day I can withdraw from classes. If I had gone to list off my complaints to him I knew he would likely bring the discussion back to my failures as a student, not so much the changes that need to be made in the course.  So instead of listing off my issues with his teaching style, I focused more on my decisions to be made and the frustrations and stresses I was facing.  This naturally brought about what I thought would be helpful changes and such.

In short, he encouraged me to pray about it and see where I think God is leading me.  He assured me that if I do the rest of my work I likely will pass the class. So I think I will stick with it.  I plan to get the books tomorrow or so and to motivate myself to get through this because, in the words of Rich Meister, what if I stick with it next semester too. I need to be prepared.  He's a smart fellow. I like him. I like that he encourages me by not letting me cop out.

I don't want to take the easy road through life...

No comments:

Post a Comment